Mission: Anchored in the Catholic faith, Young Adult Ministry (YAM) identifies spiritual, service, and fellowship opportunities for young adults (18-40) to strengthen their faith. YAM provides apostolic ministry at the service of others and is a welcoming community for Holy Name Cathedral for all to encounter Jesus Christ.
Young Adult Ministry Leader: Abby Susko
Staff Liaison: Fr. Ton Nguyen
Programs and Activities
- Monthly Gathering: On the first Sunday of the month, we attend 5:15pm mass in the Cathedral. Then we move to the Club Room (or the Courtyard weather permitting) for a talk, social time, and food/refreshments
- Men’s Young Adult Bible Study: Meets every Tuesday at 7:00pm in the Rectory
- Women’s Young Adult Bible Study: Meets every Tuesday at 7:00pm in the Rectory
- Young Adult Music Ministry: Meets at 4:15pm on the first Sunday of the month to rehearse; then we perform for the 5:15pm Mass.
- Second Friday Supper Ministry: Every second Friday, our group meets at 3:00pm to prepare a hot meal for 80 in-person dining and 50 “to-go” hot meals. We serve the meal at the Catholic Charities facility, located at 721 N. La Salle Street. For more information, please contact Fr. Ton Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prayers with Mary: On Monday and Thursday night at 6:00pm via Zoom and led by John Manley. For more information, please contact Fr. Ton Nguyen.
- Theology on Tap: Throughout the spring and summer, we hold our evening Theology on Tap (TOT) program after the Sunday evening 5:15pm mass. Our first event will be on Sunday, May 7. Click here for more information.
- Tutoring Program for FXW Students: this annual program takes place in the fall from 10am-12noon. A group of HNC Young Adults help prepare Catholic students to prepare for entrance exams for Catholic Hight Schools around the city. If you would like to become a volunteer, come to a volunteer orientation. Watch for more details in the HNC Bulletin, weekly newsletter, YA Facebook and bi-weekly newsletter.
You are invited to participate in some or all of our events!
1.) Please like our Facebook page
2.) Follow us on Instagram
3.) Sign up for our Young Adults newsletter
4.) Keep an eye on the Holy Name Cathedral’s Weekly Rector’s Update.