CFN Annual Lenten Reflection Afternoon 03-14-21
CFN Annual Lenten Reflection Afternoon
March 14 from 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Pope Francis is granting a plenary indulgence to Filipinos visiting any of the 500 Jubilee Churches to mark 500 years of Christianity any time until April 22, 2022, while fulfilling 3 usual conditions (confessing one’s sins to a priest, receiving holy communion, and praying for the intentions of the Pope). The papal decree was issued on February 25, 2021.
- Pope Francis will lead a Mass at St Peter’s Basilica on March 14 for the celebration of 500 years of Christianity in the Philippines. The Mass will be at 10 AM (Rome time) or 3 AM (Chicago time) or 5 PM (Manila time). It will be attended by Cardinal Luis Antonio Tagle, prefect of the Congregation for Evangelization of Peoples, also known as Propaganda Fide, at the Vatican.
- Cardinal Tagle, a former Archbishop of Manila, was recently appointed by Pope Francis as a new member of the Administration of the Patrimony of the Holy See, the body that manages and deals with priceless works of art, properties and church assets around the world.
This year’s Annu“Inculturation & Gift of Filipino Catholic Devotion.”
Rector’s Weekly Update – Weekend of 03-07-21. Scroll down for CFN Lenten Reflection.
Speaker: Br. Antonio D. Sison, CPPS, PhD, professor at Catholic Theological Union. Br. Ton is a Filipino American theologian and religious Brother of the Missionaries of the Precious Blood. CFN Lenten Reflection provides an opportunity to examine the Filipino inculturated expression of Catholicism, devotional practices in the homeland, and religious fervor of Filipino migrant communities wherever they may be. https://ctu.edu/faculty/antonio-sison/.
- Opening and Closing Prayers. Father John P. Boivin
- Moderator: Grace A. Villamora
- Co-host: Br. Ton
- Zoom host and CFN Zoom Administrator: Jay Bayot
- The meeting Room opens at 1:50 PM.
Format: Zoom meeting – we shall see each other. It’s a CFN Lenten Reflection format not a CFN monthly business meeting.
Zoom links shall be forwarded to participants on Friday, March 12th. Zoom or Phone-in.
- Sign up via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Or call CFN/312.933.4762 for more information.
We already have 44 people signed up: 4 phone-in, theologians from Boston and Austin, CTU students, CFN members in LA and Manila, Filipino American church lay leaders, and Holy Name parishioners.
All of Fr. Greg Sakowicz’s Weekly Video Reflections can be found on our YouTube Channel.
Attend Lenten events at Holy Name from morning prayers to the Stations of the Cross to Lenten Reflections and other programs. Visit HNC Virtual Lenten
Join a Lenten virtual tour of three Basilicas on Saturday, March 13, at 1 PM. Limit to 100 sign-ups. Chicago Basilicas are St. Hyacinth, Our Lady of Sorrows, and Queen of All Saints. CLICK HERE to sign up.
‘tara na! See you online!